Millican House - 1905

Stacks Image 356
Stylistic influence(s): Victorian. Victorian plan - door off center, bay windows, irregular plan w/portico of regular Corinthian columns.
Architect/Builder: Unknown
Historic Use: Residence
Current Use: Office
Historical designations:
City of Austin Historic Landmark
Building History
This lot was purchased by E.S.C. Robertson from Samuel G. Haynie January 17, 1852.

Oliver H. Millican (1871-1930) purchased the lot from E.M. and Louise M. House January 17, 1908. He is first listed at this address in 1909. He and his wife Alhalie built this two-story frame home with a duplex in the rear and resided here until his death in 1930.

Belle S. and George E. Bryson owned the home from 1933 to 1945. Bryson was a cotton buyer in the 1939 CD, associated with David and/or Malcolm Reed.

Significant Persons Associated with Building
1908-1930: Oliver H. Millican (1871-1930) was in insurance and real estate and served as a deputy federal district clerk. Millican was a board member of State National Bank, Austin National Bank, and Mutual Deposit & Loan Company; he was president of Mutual Deposit and Loan in 1929. He was secretary-treasurer of the Austin Automobile Club in 1914. His firm was Dismukes & Millican in 1905; Millican & Collett 1906-1914;; O.H. Millican Co. 1915, Millican & Hamby 1920-1930